OpenCart v1.4.9 Final is available for download!
Changes from 1.4.8b to 1.4.9:
– Fixed additional email for loop issue causing “Please Wait” and “Error Send To Required”
– Improved featured products query to make all status checks and return all pertinent data to match latest and bestseller queries.
– If no shipping, tax zone set to buyer’s payment zone instead of default store zone
– Session uses full path for session to prevent session sharing
– Removed unneeded products variable from admin order.php
– Removed error on empty language file
– admin/controller/catalog/review.php double text validation cleaned up
– Admin Order Edit now supports product options & updated totals
– Feature Module uses category-style selector for products
– Extension install/uninstall hook. Now when you install/uninstall extensions, if they have their own install/uninstall functions, they will be triggered.
– Logout destroys session completely.
– sort by model
– Cache for featured products
– Cache for categories
– Image class supports proper extension name on resize and transparency for png and gif.
– Extensions will “self-clean” if the files are deleted without uninstalling the extension first.
– Restored “Show Out Of Stock warning” option in setting
– Parent Category pages show image next to description
– Select All / Unselect All to all checkbox lists
– Postcode required option added to countries. Now postcode can be required on a per-country basis.
– Coupon code can be entered on Payment AND Confirm page, for those payments that skip the payment page
– New Paypal Improved. Itemized products, PDT support, debug messaging and more.
– Added Northern Ireland zones to UK
– FilesMatch check in htaccess to prevent viewing of tpl and ini files
– No changes should be needed for most third party Extensions. Most extensions that worked for 1.4.8/1.4.8b should work for 1.4.9 without change.
– I’ve included a new file in the root called “delta.txt”. This file has a list of ALL the files that changed since the last full released version (1.4.8b).
– The Admin Order Edit has been completely redone. Admin Order Insert is delayed until future versions
– If using an RC version of 1.4.9, I’ve shown the list of files that changed since RC3 near the bottom. Be sure to run the upgrade script when going to 1.4.9 Final.